Cays are products that will take care of all skin types. They are used both in cosmetics and at-home care. If you want the clay to provide the best results, it should be selected for the needs and requirements of the complexion. How to do it?
What is clay?
Clay is a natural mineral that originates from dust or volcanic rock. For cosmetic purposes, they are prepared in a specific way. Their color depends on micro- and macroelements and the content of minerals. Clay is used as a component of many cosmetics: creams, powders, lotions, deodorants or shampoos.
Types of clays
- Green clay is intended for the care of oily skin, seborrhoea, acne-prone skin with blackheads. It has antiseptic, cleansing, soothing and astringent properties. It contains silicon, magnesium, calcium, potassium, zinc and sodium.
- Red clay is recommended for oily skin, combination skin as well as capillary and rosacea. It strengthens and seals the walls of blood vessels, cleanses, reduces redness, moisturizes and strengthens the skin barrier. It contains iron, silicon, magnesium, calcium, potassium, copper.
- White clay is suitable for the care of mature, sensitive and dry skin. It has cleansing, refreshing, soothing and regenerating properties. It contains silicon, iron, manganese, aluminium.
- Yellow clay is intended for oily and acne skin. It cleanses, speeds up the healing of acne lesions, works anti-seborrhea. It contains silicon, iron, magnesium, calcium, sodium and titanium.
- Pink clay is a combination of white and pink clay. It works well in the care of sensitive and dry skin. It has purifying, regenerating, soothing and strengthening properties. It contains silicon, iron, magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.
How to create clay face mask?
A clay mask can be prepared in several different ways. Tap water, hydrolate or thermal water are used to make up the clay. Oil suitable for the skin type will also work well in this role. The mask should have the consistency of thick cream. You must bear in mind that the cosmetic cannot dry out on the skin. Prepare the product in a bowl and make sure not to make too much. You can also cover the mask applied to the skin with a damp compress or spray with your favourite spray cosmetic.
How to use a clay face mask?
A clay face mask can be used once a week onto a thoroughly cleansed skin. Leave it on the face for about 15 minutes. After the desired period of time, rinse with lukewarm water and apply your favourite face cream.